Friday, December 12, 2008

Hey I know it's been a while since I've posted. Just a quickie today.

I just wanted to take a minute to make sure everyone is up to speed on my daughter, Bailey. She has been under the doctor's care since last Saturday for kidney stones. The stone is in her ureter tube and she has not been able to pass it as of yet. We've had her drinking all week and still no luck. Because of the size of this stone, the pediatric urologist we're seeing doesn't think she can pass it. We have tentatively scheduled her 1st surgery for this coming Monday at 3:30pm at Scottish Rite hospital. Yes, I said 1st. During this surgery they will place a stint in her ureter tube and let it stay in there for a little while (like a week) so it will dilate the ureter tube. The following week they will be doing her 2nd surgery to place the scope in and remove the stone. This will all be before Christmas.

Please keep us all in your prayers. Bailey was a trooper this past Wednesday when they placed her iv at the hospital. I know she will be fine and that this in God's able hands, but I covet your prayers at this time for my family.

No comments: